Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Soccer games, Co op, and Sunburns

We are taking a break from school.  Kids are outside, and I just ate lunch. It is still pretty humid and hot here today, but thankfully, our yard is full of trees and the shade they provide makes it a little cooler. 
We had a great day at co op yesterday. The way it is set up, each mom can leave their children every other week. I had planned on staying every week, since
#1 We are too far from our house for me to drop the kids off and go home. 
#2 I could go shopping, but we have no money just to go shopping for the fun of it.
#3 I really don't know the area well at all and what to do there. I actually take our GPS every time I go since we drive close to a big city.  If I were to come upon a wreck or detour, I would be totally lost without it.
Anyway, yesterday, Farrah (the mom I went to college with)  told me to leave the kids and get some time alone.  She needed me to finish the kindergarten class for her at 10:50, her daughter had a doctor's appt.   So I left and went to a library about a 1/2 mile down the road. I happened to bring my coupon stuff and ads from Sunday, so I found a table and sat down. I had uninterrupted coupon time for over an hour.  And it just happens that Kroger is having a good sale where if you buy 5 of a bunch of stuff (mix and match) each time you buy 5 of them you get $5 off.  I had lots of coupons for these things too, which made them even cheaper.  I am working 3 days in a row this week and had scarce amount of food, so I went ahead and went shopping last night.  Got home around 9:15pm.    I think the total before I gave them my Kroger card and the coupons was $260 and the total afterwards was around $171.  Hopefully that will last until next weekend. We will see. Of course I already see things I forgot, like coffee creamer and diet cokes, you know the essentials.
I had a dream last night that someone gave us an anonymous check for $99,000.  Oh well, it was a nice dream.  I was going to pay off our debt AND completely pay for our adoption, plus some leftover.
Natalie had 2 soccer games Saturday, Madelyn had one and Hannah had one 30 min. away.  Aaron almost always goes to the away games and I stay here with the others. He came back and was able to watch most of Natalie's 2nd game and most of Madelyn's game. Long story short, I was at the soccer fields from 10:00 until 1:00pm.  I applied sunscreen TWICE!  However, my pale, pale skin and 2 applications of sunscreen was no match for the sun.  I got a rather small patch of burn on my shoulder, but the worst was the tops of my legs and fronts of my shins.  Whew it was bad.  Still hurts to take  a shower and to touch.  The first day, anytime I walked or squatted, I think the skin over my legs stretched and hurt so bad.  So much so I really felt awful Saturday night and all day Sunday> don't know if it was related to the burn or not.  And this explains why I appreciate the beauty of the beach and God's oceans, but I do not enjoy going there.  It seems I cannot go there without coming home with a miserable burn, no matter how much I apply sunscreen. And...who likes to put lotion all over her body multiple times when you are hot and sweaty.  Give me the mountains and shade any day.   Thankfully, mom watched the boys during Natalie's first game, I left the big girls at the soccer fields and went the 3 miles to pick up the boys and come back and they sat with me during Madelyn's game. I ended up taking them home during the last quarter of Madelyn's game. We were in full sun and I was really not feeling well already.
Madelyn took all these pictures while they were outside a few minutes ago.  Painting the driveway with soapy water.














No comments:

Post a Comment