Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Will a dog ever work out?

I was working last Wed.  I work 7a-7p, which really means, I have to clock in at 6:45 and don't clock out until 7:15pm.  My cell phone has terrible coverage in the hospital and normally I can only get text messages in the breakroom, near the window.  I don't carry my cell phone at work anyway, it stays in my purse. I happened to put it in my pocket around 7pm for the drive home and was sitting at the nurses desk waiting for the other nurse to give report when it vibrated.  Aaron had sent me the following text message "Chloe (our dog) is loose in the church parking lot."
For a split second, I was wondering why in the world Aaron took Chloe to church with him.  He hates the dog.  I tried to call him and remembered that he had already gone into class by that point.  I figured that somehow the dog snuck into the car and no one realized it until it was too late to turn back and make it to church on time.  I found out later that I was right.
I left work and decided to head over to the church building on my way home.  Long story short, Natalie and I stayed for a while after until the parking lot cleared out looking for her.  Never found her, but we did tell a few lingering people that we were looking for our dog and described her.
I thought we'd never see her again.
Well, Friday afternoon, I was working again and Aaron calls me to let me know some people at church had found her and taken her home Wed. night and just found out we were looking for our dog.
They had already taken her to the vet, when they thought she was a stray.  So Aaron told them I would pick her up on Saturday.  I was so stressed out and a little depressed. Why, because I knew that I would owe these people money for a vet bill, plus I was already going to have to pay to have her fixed next month. I didn't have the money budgeted for that and I was sad to have to pay out more money. I wasn't mad at them for taking her to the vet, I was just mad at the situation.  Ugh!
Long story short, I called the man who had Chloe Saturday before I headed to his town for some other errands to see if he was going to be around.  He said he was coming to our town and would bring her by, so I agreed to that. He also said that his wife just loved Chloe and if we ever needed to get rid of her, they would take her.
I got off the phone and asked the family if they really really wanted her. Of course, no one really cared. So I called him back real quick and told him to keep her if he wanted. He was so excited and offered to pay me for her!
While on the phone I remembered that I had prayed about whether or not to keep Chloe just the week before. She bit Ethan, didn't even break the skin, but did leave indentions.  I had no idea what happened and could not get the full story from Ethan
"Ethan, why did Chloe bite you?"
Ethan "because she did"
Went round and round with that for a while.  So I couldn't blame her for biting him if he fell on her, or pulled her tail, etc.  But if she had just bitten him for no reason, it would probably happen again. I feel good about giving her away, but sad that I don't have an inside dog anymore.
Aaron told me Sunday "I'm glad you cook better than you raise dogs"  something like that. It was funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment