Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Debt Paydown

Well, since we started our budgeting and paying off debt, we have paid off approx. $3300.  Since August.  Not as much as I would like, but better than adding to debt, which seemed like we were doing before starting our debt snowball.
I hope to pay even more each month. When we started, on top of our debt, we also had went into the hole in July pretty badly.  I was cancelled 5 days in a row, AND we had to pay out around $1400 for home study and USCIS.  So, it took at least a month to recover from that, then start paying down debt.  Finally, in the next few months, IF we don't have unexpected bills, I can really start putting most of my paychecks toward debt.
For instance, I went to the dentist last week.  And found out I had two small cavities and needed a cap on a tooth.   Thankfully, I was able to pay cash for it today, but that's  $400 I couldn't pay to debt like I had hoped to. 
I was cancelled from work yesterday, but should be able to work tomorrow and Friday, unless the census goes down again.
3 days working a week, plus homeschooling is hard and I know that Dave Ramsey would probably tell me to get a 2nd job, and I am tempted, especially when I get cancelled a lot, but I really don't think I could do it. Thankfully, we are making good time with our school days!  I am hoping to get to at least Day 90 by the end of the year!  And if we happened to get done early, I could maybe work a 2nd PRN job for a while. However, usually census is lower in summer and I get cancelled even more. We'll see with holidays taking up some of our school days.
We went camping last weekend with our Sunday school class.
We had a great time.  It was cold,...Lows in the high 30s.  High of around 61 on Sunday.  I had budgeted for the camping trip.  I am tempted to not do anything fun until the debt is gone, however, with 5 kids, it isn't really fair to them to completely take away good times, so I choose to do the cheapest possible.  Camping is pretty cheap!  I did have to buy some more sleeping bags.  We had sleeping bags for all 7 of us that are supposed to keep you warm down to 30 degrees.  And they work. I was not cold at all once I got into the sleeping bag at night.  Now getting out of the sleeping bag in the morning when you could see your breath was a different story....
However, the girls slept in a tent directly across from ours.  We put a boy on each side of us and whenever we woke up through the night (which you do a lot while camping) Aaron or I would reach over and make sure the boys were warm, they stayed warm and slept good too.  It was a great weekend.  I love being outdoors. So that was our cheap family vacation this year. Our class talked of doing it again in the spring, so our next cheap vacation should be even cheaper, since we have all of the equipment needed, and all we should have to pay for next time is the campsite and food.

2 comments:

  1. $3300 since August is fantastic! You guys are doing a great job! We're trying to wait to camp until M is potty trained.... sounds like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Fajar. I live in  Bedono in Central Java   I was in a very chronic financial issue and terminal health situation some few weeks back. After all my search for assistance from friends and neighbors proved abortive, I feel there was no one who truly cares. I became so exhausted due to lack of funds to expand my business and my 2 kids aged 5 and 8 were also not good looking due to lack of proper care as a result of finance. One faithful morning I saw an old time friend of my late husband and I told him all I have been going through and he said the only way he could help was to direct me to a good loan officer in USA that also helped him, He explained to me on how he was financially down and how he got boosted by this loan officer ( Mr Pedro   who grant him 7,000,000.00 USD loan at an affordable rate of 2% rate . He further assured me that they were the only legit loan firm he found online. He gave me their email &  That was how i applied and was also granted a loan and my life changed for the good. CONTACT THE ONLY GENUINE LENDER Mr Pedro VIA    Email /  Whatsapp +18632310632   pedroloanss@gmail.com  to resolve your financial mess.  

    ReplyDelete