Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Homestudy

Last night we drove to Huntsville to meet with our Social Worker, Kathie. It was time for our update and she has to see and talk to everyone in the family. The girls were disappointed to miss church services, but this was the only time she could meet with us before 4/4 and we wanted to go ahead and have her working on our stuff, as well as the updated paperwork I have to fill out.
The meeting lasted approximately 60 min. where we discussed the new direction we are headed and the implications of adopting a child from another race. Something we have had to discuss at every meeting so far since we have applied to Guatemala, Vietnam, and now Ethiopia.
Today I wrote out updated ages and interests of the girls so she can change that part of our home study. We are also filling our our "Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry Clearance Request" papers again so that the powers that be can make sure that we haven't had anything come on police reports since our last home study update. Lastly, I will be mailing our $200 check to Kathie that was in Aaron's wallet the whole time last night. I remembered 1/2 way home that we forgot to pay her. I emailed her when we got home and told her it will be in the mail today and she was very understanding. oops.
I also have medical forms for our doctor's to fill out -for all of us. I think I will wait on those until we get the forms from our adoption agency. That will be after we apply next month. That way we can go to the DR. once and not twice to bug them to fill out paperwork for us...again...
Now it is work, work, work for me the next 3 weeks to get us financially ready to apply. Trying to be optimistic this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment