Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tired of being sick

My throat started hurting 10 days ago.  I went on antibiotics 6 days ago and I still am weak, coughing, drainage, and hoarseness.  It is better than it was.  I was waking up and could barely squeak out a noise until lunchtime.  Now it just requires much effort to have a conversation. 
Not to mention poor Aaron. He had an upper respiratory infection the first week in January and missed a week of work, very unusual for Aaron. He has to be really sick to miss work. He got mostly better.  Kept a cough originating in his throat and then started running a fever again on Friday.  Ran a fever all weekend. And his cough had moved back to his chest.
So yesterday, much to his misery, he had to call into work again.  Today too.
I got him an appt. at 3:15 yesterday with our regular doctor.
After finishing school with the girls and getting the boys to bed, mom came over after she got off work so I could take Aaron to the doctor.
I dropped him off and headed to CVS. 
I got so many good deals. Using ECB, CVS cash, and coupons.  I spent a total of around $43.
For that I got:
6 - 12 packs of Pepsi products
3 - Suave body washes
3 - Suave kids shampoo/conditioner
1 - Tresemme shampoo
1 - Tresemme conditioner
1 - Dove body wash
1 - 6 pack of Dove bar soap
1 - Dove deoderant
3 - Axe Body wash
1 - 12 pack toilet paper
1 - 6 pack paper towels
1 - Cover girl bottle of makeup
1 - Cover girl powder
1 - Caress body wash
4 - 32 oz Gatorades
I think that is all I got.  I got one load, took it to the car, locked the car, then came back and got the rest.  About the time I got done with this, Aaron had texted me that he was almost done.
I felt bad because traffic was bad and it probably took me 10 min. to get back to pick Aaron up while he waited outside feeling horrible.
But he survived and now has bronchitis again.  He said the doctor listened to his lungs and sent him straight to the chest xray. He still feels horrible today and is sleeping on the couch right now. His bed for the last 4 nights since he breathes better propped up. 
Thankfully, his prudence in not using his sick days is that he has so many sick days built up that he could take off a long time and still get paid.  It still eats at him to stay home. Unfortunately when I call in sick I get a big fat zero!.  That is the bad part about working PRN.  You don't work, you don't get paid, you don't accumulate holidays, etc.  The good part about working PRN is that you only sign up for what you want to work, you choose your days, you get paid more because the company doesn't provide you benefits. It all works out, but it is depressing that I had to take off 2 days last week.
I am working 3-7 Thursday and I hope I have the energy for it.   Plus 12 hours Saturday.
I was so sick of being in the house, that yesterday, it was so pretty out, I took the 4 youngest kids for a walk around the block.  It was 1.3 miles and my legs were weak the rest of the day.  Now before I came down with this throat infection I was walking 3 miles a day and doing some mild yoga for about 25 min. a day. And now a small walk about wears me out.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment