Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

winter of sickness

I am not complaining, I even dread typing this, for fear it will backfire on me, but so far no stomach virus.
However, starting in late October, Madelyn came down with a sinus infection that turned into bronchitis.    Then a few weeks after that, she ended up with what I think was the flu and pretty much lied in bed for 3 days then laid around for another 4-5 days after that.  She has since had another respiratory virus. 
Aaron was sick almost a month ago with some kind of virus, upper resp. infection.  He finally went to the doctor and got on antibiotics.  I think he missed a whole week of work, which is very unlike him. He really has to be sick to call in.  His cough has never left and last night he started running a fever again. His temp is 101.2 tonight.  Just achy and coughy.  Now I am wondering if he has the flu. He and Madelyn were the only ones not to get a flu shot.  Madelyn missed hers because she was sick.
I started feeling bad last Sunday.  I worked 12 hours Monday, but felt terrible and was lightheaded and weak all day. This gradually got worse. I had to call in sick Thur. and Friday. My throat has been killing me and I am so weak.  I went to the doctor Thurs. No strep, but he said it was some kind of throat infection. I have been on antibiotics for 3 days and I still don't feel much better.  I stopped feeling worse, so I guess that is something.  I can barely squeak out words in the mornings especially when I first wake up. Mom called earlier and she was like "Karen, is that you?"  She said I sounded like a man.  Oh well.
Maybe we will all be on the mend soon.
I was doing so good exercising every day and eating better and now that has gone to the wayside. Looking forward to starting back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment