Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Friday, March 22, 2013

New dog, bronchitis and homestudy

We got a new little dog a few weeks ago. He is so cute. I have been wanting an indoor dog for a while.  Mainly to alert us if someone were to try to break in...give me a chance to get the gun.  We went to our local animal shelter and found a tiny little Pug mix. He is around 2 years old. We named him Frodo.  He has worked out really well. He had a few accidents in the house at first, but other than a couple of vomiting episodes the last 2 days (he does not do well with human food)., he hasn't had an accident in the house for a while.  At first the girls would take him out on the leash, but now I just open the door, let him go and he will come back barking when he wants back in.  I think he has lived in a house before.  At night, I put him in our cat carrier and he stays in there all night without whining.  I am too afraid to leave him out all night.  I might find lots of accidents if I did.
I have been miserable this week.  I felt fine Saturday.  Worked a 12 hour shift, came home and was wonderful. Last Sunday, I woke up and felt a little tired. I already wasn't planning on going to church because Aaron had to work and all 5 of the kids were snotty.  By lunchtime, I was sooo tired. I took a nap and when I woke up I was soo achy. My temperature went up to 100.8.  Now I know that is not much of a fever.  However, I have not had a temp above 99something since college.  16 + years!  I don't know if other people feel this way, but any time my temp goes above my normal, even it if is barely 99, for some reason, my knees and calves ache so bad.  I can hardly stand it.
So from Sunday afternoon until Wed. morn, I ran a 99-100 temp, which made my legs ache awful. I finally broke down and took a few doses of ibuprofen, even though it tears my stomach up.  Alternated between lying on the couch with a heating pad on my legs and taking hot bathes.
I had to call in for my 3-7 shift Monday.  Natalie and I went to urgent care Tuesday because she had it too. I believe I have bronchitis and I even started taking a stronger antibiotic today.  The same thing they gave Aaron for his back in Feb.
Long story short, I had to call in for Thur. and Fri both 12 hour shifts.  I don't think there was any way I could have worked this week.  I have been so weak. I had the grocery list done since Wednesday and finally today, I ventured out. But even then, Mom came and stayed with the kids so Aaron could drive me and push the cart at the grocery store. I have to constantly sit down to rest.  Yuck! I hate this.  
Finally tonight I am feeling one iota better and may be seeing the light at the end of this sick tunnel.
We met with our social worker last Friday.  Since I have been sick, I have done NOTHING for our homestudy. So maybe this week I can get to working on it. She will come again sometime next month to meet with us and take a detailed tour of our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment