Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Home Study is Wrapping Up!

Tonight is our last meeting with our social worker.  Aaron and I are meeting her in B'Ham.  We will go over the rough draft of our home study, make sure everything looks ok, and then she will go and finish the final draft.
It will probably be at  next week before we get everything to her.  We still have a few things we are waiting for, such as my lab results and medical form, Aaron's employee letter, ..
We have to finish the online adoption training, which we should finish today and then we have to wait for them to send us out completion certificates, which takes a couple of days.
I am getting my labs drawn tomorrow at my doctor's and they probably won't be back until early next week, so I will pick up our finished medical forms then.  Good thing is, we went ahead and got the medical forms done for China while we were there.
Yesterday, all 7 of us went to the doctor's office and had TB Skin Tests, so I will be taking all of the kids in the morning when I get my blood drawn to have the TB Skin Tests read.
I will be excited to have the home study done because...
#1  We can start applying for grants, which we are in desperate need of.  Our adoption is predicted to cost around $30,000 and we are up to around $3800 in donations.  THANKS!!!
#2  We can apply for USCIS.  This takes about 6 - 10 weeks to come back. This is basically the US Immigration giving us permission to bring a child into the US.  So, while this is being processed, I will work like crazy to get all of our dossier paperwork done.  It all has to be notarized, then has to be county certified, then state certified.  Once our USCIS comes back and our dossier is compiled, this will be sent to China to be translated.  Once this is sent to China, our agency says that families normally travel to pick up their child between 3-6 months from sending paperwork to China.
So we are getting closer!!!
If you are in our area, we are having a fundraiser at Beltline Church of Christ May 16th 7-10am.  Pancake breakfast... tickets are $6 person. Come out and support our adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment