Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012


We have had such a busy day.  First of all, I really miss the boys because they have been at Mom's the last two nights and probably will stay until Friday night.  We have been packing and running errands the last two days with half the seats out of the van.  It is so much easier to do this without a 18month old and 2 1/2 year old under foot. Plus, it is just plain dangerous, with all the backing up of vehicles, carrying out of heavy boxes door opening and closing etc.
So, this morning we got up around 7am.  After packing the backs of both the van and the Montero, Aaron, the girls, and I headed to Decatur. First we drove straight to a brake place because I just noticed yesterday, while driving through a drive thru with the window open, that the van's brakes were squeaking AWFUL.  
We dropped off the van, then drove to Target where we looked for curtain rods for our large windows downstairs.  Right now I am planning on just hanging some old curtains up or even some sheets since I don't want people to be able to see in.  Eventually, I will, gulp, attempt to decorate.   Maybe me and Natalie (taking a sewing class) and Mom can whip out some curtains.  Just the necessities right now.  Even the necessities are expensive.
Then, since we were down to one car, the girls and I dropped Aaron off at the doctor office to get his shots for his Ethiopia trip next month. 
We stopped by our realtor's office to sign some things forgotten at closing.
Then we headed to the JCPenny outlet to see if they had curtain rods we wanted. Well, they didn't even have curtain rods. 
By this point we were starving, so we ordered Papa John's pizza (Hannah had some in TN and fell in love with the garlic sauce).  By the time we drove back to get the pizza it was done cooking. Aaron hadn't called yet to say he was done, so I sent the girls to the car to get the drinks I brought so we could just eat in the restaurant.  But as we were fixing to go sit down, Aaron called and said he was done.
Back out to the car without eating, picked up Aaron, then drove to a picnic spot and ate lunch.  Papa Johns has not changed since I was in college. My roommate and I would order it all the time and split the pizza, because it was cheap. 
After eating, we went to Home Depot and finally got the curtain rods we wanted. 
We then drove back to the Brake place to see if the van was done.  It was, so Aaron and Hannah headed to the new house to unload the Montero.  Madelyn, Natalie, and I went and had the water turned on in our name at the new house. 
By then it was Happy Hour at Sonic, so we all got drinks.  Went to the new house, unloaded the van, came home and were exhausted.
After resting about 30 min. Madelyn and I went to the store, got some food for Mom to make for the boys, then dropped it off and came home.
We have spent the rest of the evening packing and still not done.  Aaron is picking up the moving truck tomorrow evening after his work. 
I will be so glad when we are done and hope to not move again for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment