Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sleepy

I haven't gotten a good nights sleep all week, but I guess I can't complain because I have been able to take a nap daily. I am in the habit of staying up later than the family, but I think I am going to have to start going to bed early because Ethan has chosen 5:30-6:00 am as his rise and shine time. Ugh! that feels awful if you didn't go to bed until 11:30pm.
Last night I took a benedryl so I might fall asleep earlier. Well, at 10:30 I couldn't keep my eyes open so I went to bed. At 12:45am, Seth was crying because he had pooped and peed and soaked his diaper, clothes, and bed. So while Madelyn was helping me fix this problem (he sleeps in her room and woke her up) Ethan who appears to be a light sleeper, woke up from the crying. So once I was done with Seth, I went and changed Ethan's full diaper and then went and fed him a bottle.
The whole time I was hoping that the bottle would help him sleep in a little more than 6. And really, I can go real well on 5-6 hours of sleep IF I am fully awake when I start the day. In other words, if I were to set the alarm for 5:30 am, get up and get dressed, and get alert before the baby wakes me up, I would tolerate it a lot better. So, I am going to have to get myself on his schedule or be sleepy a lot.
Unlucky for me, Ethan was awake by about 6:15.
However, I can't complain... They are doing wonderful!
Madleyn and Natalie are going to camp next week with my brother Eric's 2 oldest kids. Then Hannah is going to stay with Aaron's parents possibly the whole week. They are taking her camping in the RV. If she gets homesick, they will bring her home early. So it is just going to be me and the boys again next week. I told the girls they either had to ride the bus to camp with their cousins or from camp with their cousins. Madelyn wants us to drive them to camp so we can help find their cabins, get them settled etc. We are planning to go up Sat. night, spend the night with Aaron's parents, leave Hannah with them, then go to camp, drop the girls off, then come home. It will be a long day of travel on Sunday. It takes 2-3 hours to get to the camp from Aaron's parents, then I think it took us 4-5 hours to get home from the camp last year. Then they will take the bus to my brother's church and Aaron will probably go and pick them up there, which is only 2 1/2 hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment