Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Inconsistency.

I will not name names, just in case someone from this town reads this blog. Although I am pretty sure only one person reads it. Shout out to Lauren!!!
Today, I was at an office, speaking to this specific person, who when he found out that we were looking for a new church home 9 months ago, has been badgering us to go to his.
Well, we have been there before, and they throw a wonderful VBS. I will give them that.
There are many reasons why we chose the one we are going to now, and we love it! We have been going there for about 8 months now, and we placed membership about 2 months ago, so we are no longer searching.
And this man knows that, however, whenever he sees Aaron or me, he still sings his church home's praises, and says how he knows we are going ________, but his place has this, this and this, and today he even brought out some bad things he heard about where we chose.
Whatever.
In response to something I said, he then mentions that he himself does not want his children to marry a black person. Not because he feels there is anything wrong with it, but he says it will make their lives hard to have to put up with the stigma.
I agree that there is a stigma, however, how can we fight this stigma by playing into it????
He said that those mixed kids can't help where they came from, yet they are treated differently.
And this is how I answered him....
Do you not think it won't hurt my kids if they grow up and want to date your daughter?
You think it won't hurt them to know that a certain girl can't go out with them because her dad doesn't want her dating boys with more skin pigment?
That isn't the same thing?
I was so mad!!
And here is the stinking inconsistency!!!
In the same 5 minute conversation this man tells me on and on about how we won't have the problems of acceptance in where he goes to church as we did at the last place.
Then says right to my face he doesn't want my kids marrying his!!!!

Am I being too sensitive???
I fumed about this all day. This is the 2nd time in this town that someone has told us, to our face, in so many words, that they don't want their kids marrying ours!!!!!! Just think of what they say behind our backs.
This man also told me something someone said at our old place about us adopting from Africa.
I whined to Mom this afternoon...
"I am so tired of Christians being the most discouraging and nonsupporting of our adoption and especially from the comments we have gotten, I guess they would rather the boys be in the orphanage than in a loving home, all because of skin pigment"
And then I realized...these are not Christians discouraging me... these are people who call themselves that in name only and have no compassion except for themselves!

John 4:20
Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

Don't mess with my kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment