Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What a disaster of a week!

What a miserable week this has been.
Sunday - left Hannah at Aaron's parents and left Madelyn and Natalie at camp.

Monday - get a call from camp nurse that Madelyn has a 101 fever. Aaron's dad goes and picks her up and Aaron heads to TN to take her to doctor. Doctor says she has swimmer's ear and is not contagious, writes a note to camp, but camp won't let her come back until Tuesday morning.

Tuesday am- Aaron's dad drives Madelyn 1 1/2 hours back to camp and leaves her now that she is fever -free

Tuesday 9pm - Get a call from camp nurse letting us know that Natalie has a 102.4 fever. Nurse says she can spend the night in nurses cabin and we can get her in the morning. Call Blake (my niece) to see if she can pick up Natalie in the morning. She agrees.

Wednesday am - Blake gets Natalie from camp and takes her to Aaron's parents. Aaron's mom takes her to doctor and she has strep throat and feels awful.

Wednesday afternoon - Aaron and I didn't pick Natalie up from camp because we had an appt at the international adoption clinic today that we have been waiting for a month. Didn't want to cancel if at all possible. Arrive at 12:15 for 12:30 appt. Didn't get done until 4pm!

Wednesday evening - Called Aaron's parents as soon as we were done at appt. in Birmingham. Natalie was still feeling pretty bad and wanted to come home, so Mom agreed to come pick me and the boys up at the interstate and Aaron headed straight to TN to pick Natalie up and bring her home. Madelyn calls crying, wanting me to agree to pick her up at camp ( a 4 hour trip both ways) rather than make her ride to bus back to Smyrna ( a 2 1/2 hour trip both ways) because she doesn't have anyone to sit beside on the bus now that Natalie has left. I am just praying that I don't get a call tomorrow that Madelyn is now sick! I think I will scream if I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment