Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Budgeting and cleaning

Last night after Aaron got home, we decided to tackle Natalie and Hannah's closet. I did this in Madelyn's room and it worked out pretty well and freed up a lot of space. We had 2 short bookshelves that we sitting emtpy in the garage. So I decided to hang up all of Madelyn's long pants and shirts. Then she has a basket she slides into the bookshelf for socks and underware, then a shelf for shoes, room for shorts and pajamas. I am going to have Natalie do that too. It took hours last night and the remnants of the cleaning are still all over the kitchen floor where the girls sorted their toybox. The bookshelf fits in the closet under the clothes. I put all of Hannah's clothes in a tote and she can just live out of that until we find a small dresser that we can use for her. Today I will clean off their dresser and maybe we can take it out of their room, making their room more spacious. The kids' bedrooms in this house are tiny.
Budgeting eyeopener...
Last night, although I hate budgeting, I decided to, not because I hate to put limits, I am pretty miserly and hate to shop. But I did need to figure out how many hours I need to work a month . Well, it wasn't pretty. I don't know what I was thinking to feel like I could work 12 hours a week and still pay for this adoption. I know that God knows our finances and I pray that God sends some more money this way, but until then I have to assume I will need to work...a lot. Aaron is hoping to get some extra hours in working with fire also.
I am going to try to sign up for 40 hours a week if I can fit it in. Which will mean 12 hours every Saturday, a 12 hour day during the week, whichever day Mom is off work, maybe 8 hours every other Sunday, plus some 7-11p at nights. Bad thing is, I refuse to work 7-11 one night, then try to be back at work at 6:40 the next morning, so I only work 7-11 when I am off the next day and that limits my hours too. I am thankful that I have a job that I can work pretty much any shift, anytime. I am blessed. So, back to work I go.
We are halfway done with our school days, so that worked out great. We will do school 4 -5 days a week and then still have some to do when the babies come home. Hopefully we will avoid sickness, esp. stomach virus, and I can work 40 hours a week until we get the babies home. Plus, in addition to the 15, 000 more we need in the next week or so, we will have to pay for a trip to Ethiopia in about 2 months, then another one in May. It will all be worth it, but things will be real tight for a while....real tight.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine! I'm stressing over a couple thousand to cover the c-section/medical expenses that we will incur the next few months and of course all the extra fun things like dental bills and supplying for the needs of the babe.... I can't imagine trying to figure out how to come up with 15,000 or MORE! Praying God's provisions, faithfulness and health on your family and the 2 new babes! :) No reason to worry, right?! Thats what I keep telling myself! God will make a way!

    ReplyDelete