Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Great Adoption News, Christmas, and Snow

When we got our referrals on Monday, Sue at our agency said that we wouldn't get the medical report back on the 1 month old for about 2 weeks, so we would be waiting that long before being able to officially accept the referral. Opened email Thursday morning and the medical report has come back and we have now accepted both baby's referrals by email. Monday we will fill out and have the "official" referral acceptance signed and notarized. At that point we will have $23,000 due. Yikes! Still praying about that. I am praying that the quick medical report will mean that maybe our court date will be in February instead of March. Hard to believe that in less than 2-3 months, we hopefully will have been to Ethiopia and back. Scary!
When we got home from TN tonight, we had gotten notice from USCIS that they are processing our I600A, so soon we will be getting an appointment time to go and have our fingerprints done again. Last time we had to drive 1 1/2 hours away to Birmingham.
I keep telling myself that nothing is guaranteed until we get them home, but it is so hard not to fall in love with them.
We went to TN from Wed. night until tonight. There was about an inch of snow on the ground in TN. When we got home, we probably have between 3-4 inches. The girls and Aaron have been outside sledding for over an hour. What luck that all three girls got those circular plastic sleds for Christmas today and they have sure put them to good use.
We drove up to TN on Wed. night after Aaron got home from work. Thursday morning we got up early to go to the Parthenon. Our tour appointment was at 9:00am and at 7am while eating breakfast -oatmeal at that- my temporary cap came off my molar and so then I was in a bind. Thankfully my cavity remained filled and it was a dull ache, not like some toothaches I have had. So we called a local dentist and he recommended putting Dentemp in it. Well, it worked well enough to get through the Parthenon, but unfortunately, half of the temporary cap was broken off. We left the Parthenon and passed an open dentist office. They took me right in and straight back and made me a new temporary cap that feels a lot better than the first and will hopefully hold me until Jan. 6th when I get my permanant cap put on.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your two baby boys! What great and exciting news! I know you are anxious to get to Ethiopia and I hope everything goes quickly and smoothly!