Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dubai- here I come

Last Friday, I spent ALL day in the kitchen by the computer waiting for emails and calls from our travel agent making plans for our trip to Ethiopia.
Leigh Anne, my SIL couldn't leave until May 27th afternoon. All the flights to ET were booked on ET air and we would have to be on a waiting list for 24 hours to see if there were any openings, or we could leave the 25th or 26th, putting us there a week ahead of time AND Leigh Anne couldn't go because of work. Since it was familiar and we took it last time and they have a straight shot from DC to ET, I wanted ET air. However, I wanted my SIL to go more so that Aaron could stay home with the girls, so we looked at Emirates air.
Which you have to stay the night in Dubai. You know, Dubai, where people build their own islands and the only 7 star hotel exists? I knew the airline would be nice because I had heard great things about them, but didn't know how Leigh Anne would react about having to stay the night there.
Well, she was excited instead of leary and offered to pay for the hotel room if we could leave a day early so we could sight see. I mean, how often are you in Dubai?
So, that is what we are going to do. Leave on Sunday from Huntsville. Arrive in Dubai Monday night. Spend Monday and Tuesday night in Dubai. Leave Wed. morning and arrive in ET at lunchtime. Can't wait.
Oh, and this is funny, we couldn't believe how cheap the hotels were in Dubai. We got a 5 star hotel for about 120 a night. I had looked up the weather there and noticed it was supposed to be around 100. Anyway, Leigh Anne looked it up last night and it said that we were going during the down tourist season because of the oppressive heat. 100 degrees and 90 % humidity. That sounds like a sauna. Oh well, we had a good laugh about that. Hopefully we can stay in the air conditioning most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment