Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ready to fly already

Time seems to move so slow. Just like waiting to have surgery, even though you are nervous about it, there comes a point where you just want to ge it over with.
I am so distracted. Yesterday while cleaning the kitchen, I probably dropped or knocked over 10 things. So frustrating.
I did take all of Aaron's stuff out of the suitcases and I have some more room. Not much though. I have a few more things to get and pack, and then it is time for "see how many diapers I can fit in the suitcase" time. I was able to fit both filled diaper bags in the suitcases also, which leaves me free to fill up a backpack and use it for my carryon.
A week from today, I should be arriving in Ethiopia and picking up Seth and Ethan. I wonder how they have changed? It will be over two months since we have seen them.
The girls and I planted some more veges in the garden yesterday. We ate potatoes last week that we grew in the garden. We also have had lots of radishes. Just picked some carrots last week and they were pretty good. Our squash is starting to bloom. Onions are getting bigger. I love the garden. I planted some seeds in jiffy pots a few weeks ago that I had leftover from last year. Last year, I had planted a whole row of a hot pepper mix of seeds that I had bought. Then it rained the next day and washed all my seeds away, so I planted them indoors this year. We should have a ton of food this year. More canning and freezing. After the tornado a few weeks ago and the electricity going out for 4 days, I had to clean out the deep freezer and fridge, so they are almost empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment