Next stop China

Next stop China
Next Stop China!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day of Shopping

Yesterday I finally finished all of the dental work I needed to have done. It feels sooooo good to know that I don't have to go back again until the next cleaning. And during that time, I can pretend that they won't tell me I have more cavities when I go back. I will live in denial and love it!
Mom was going to watch the girls, so when I took them over there around 7:30, I asked if she wanted to make a day of it and help me shop. Well, you don't have to ask her to shop twice, unlike me who tries to do it all on one day so I can go many days between shopping. We got to Decatur around 9am. I was going to go to Goodwill and see if I could find some baby boy clothes to take on the trip. Well, I couldn't even find Goodwill. The building it used to be in was something else now. So we then went to Dollar Tree where I spent more than I have ever spent before on snacks for the trip and coloring books. It will be worth it though. With my food "allergies" or whatever they are, I am taking plenty to live on while there.
Then we headed to Walgreens to cash in on the "free" stuff this week. I also got lots of dried fruit there to take with us, something that Dollar Tree did not have.
Then we still had 45 min. before my dentist appt. So we went to the JCPenny Outlet at the Mall and found 4 pairs of dress pants for the girls at 1.99 each. No shorts allowed in Ethiopia, and so I was trying to find pants for them to wear while there.
By this point it was time to go to the dentist at 11:00. I had taken sandwich stuff and mom and the girls sat in the van and had a picnic while I was in the dentist.
While in the chair, they found a small cavity on the tooth next to the ones they were putting crowns on and asked if I wanted them to go ahead and fix it or come back. Duh! fix that thing now. It ended up being 2 hours at the dentist. I felt bad for Mom, but she and the girls said they had a good time in the car. Go figure.
I was still very numb and could barely talk. Of course, the girls decide to ask 100 questions. We stopped at Martins and found 2 more pair of pants for Madelyn, a shirt for Madelyn and a shirt for me for $21 total. Madelyn is very hard to shop for pants for. She is in Jrs sizes now and they fit her. I had still been buying girl sizes. She is getting so old.
By this time it was almost 2pm, I hadn't eaten lunch and I was starving, but still too numb to chew. My numbness was starting to wear off and I could tell the pain was coming, so we stopped at Sonic, got the girls slushies at happy hour and I got a Mocha, Caramel Java Chiller. YUMMMM. I dropped Mom off real quick and headed home so I could take a pain pill and not drive. Lunch was a Java Chiller and a pain pill. Needless to say, had a little belly ache for a while.
Made Creole Chicken for supper from Emealz. It didn't taste anything like I thought it would, but it was so good. Took forever to eat it though. I can't chew anything on the right side of my mouth. Try eating meat on one side, takes forever and the good side starts getting sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment